1. National renewable energy standard would ensure faster development of many renewable energy sectors such as solar power and wind power sector.
2. It would also mean more diversified energy portfolio.
3. It would improve nation’s energy security by significantly reducing the chance for future energy crisis.
4. It would improve nation’s energy independence and reduce the nation’s dependence on foreign oil.
5. It would also mean less money spent on producing and importing dirty fossil fuels such as coal, oil and natural gas.
6. National renewable energy standard would likely create many new green renewable energy jobs.
7. By creating thousands of new renewable energy jobs national renewable energy standard would give huge boost to further economic and technological development.
8. National renewable energy standard would make U.S. more competitive with China and EU in clean energy race.
9. It would also help tackle climate change and air pollution, and improve the condition of our environment in general.
10. It would lead U.S. towards the clean energy future where renewable energy and not fossil fuels are dominant energy sources.